Official website Fully reserved seating – Solo Acoustic
SOLD OUT- Thank You
The Reflection is the first new studio album by Keb Mo since Suitcase in 2006. These twelve songs are the product of an important period of personal and professional growth for the artist formerly known as Kevin Moore. In that time, he started a new family; moved from Los Angeles to Nashville; built a state–of–the–art home studio, and founded his own label, Yolabelle International, distributed by Ryko and the Warner Music Group.
Keb Mo is a three–time Grammy Award winner for Best Contemporary Blues Album; and a key figure in the acclaimed 2003 PBS series Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues. But The Reflection is not, in essence, a blues album. In sound and spirit, it’s closer to the work of African–American “folk soul” singer/songwriters like Bill Withers, Bobby Womack, and Terry Callier.
Indeed, tracks like “My Shadow” and “Crush On You” would have fit neatly into Urban radio’s “Quiet Storm” format at almost any time in the past 25 years. The Reflection brings together all of this singular artist’s diverse influences – pre–disco R&B, American folk and gospel, rock, blues, and more – in a sound that is truly and uniquely his own.
“I worked on this record for the better part of two years,” says Keb. “It took me some time as this was an educational process for me and my engineer John Schirmer. I didn’t want to let it go until I had something that I was proud to share with the public. It’s the culmination of all of my influences throughout my career.”
Through all the changes of the past several years, Keb Mo found time to play a couple of hundred shows on several continents. He composed and recorded music for the acclaimed TNT series “Memphis Beat,” starring Jason Lee and Alfre Woodward. And he wrote some of the best songs of his career for The Reflection – material strong enough to attract such notable guests as country music superstar Vince Gill (“My Baby’s Tellin’ Lies”), nouveau–soul chanteuse India.Arie (“Crush On You”), saxophonist Dave Koz (“One Of These Nights”), and veteran session guitarist David T. Walker (“All The Way,” “The Reflection,” “The Whole Enchilada”).
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album “Keep It Simple” 2005
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album “Slow Down” 1999
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album “Just Like You” 1997
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Blues Album of the Year “The Reflection” 2011
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year “Suitcase” 2007
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year “Big Wide Grin” 2002
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year “The Door” 2001
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Country Song of the Year “I Hope” 2006
- GOLD RECORD certified by RIAA for “Keb’ Mo'” 2005
- 2002 ORVILLE GIBSON AWARDS- Best Blues Guitarist
- 2008 ELEVATE FILM FESTIVAL- Best Music Artist
- 2008 ELEVATE FILM FESTIVAL- Best Music Video
- HOLLYWOOD ROCK WALK INDUCTION – June 16, 2007
- WC HANDY Blues Awards:
- 1999 Song of the Year – Soon As I Get Paid
- 1994 Country/Acoustic Blues Album of the Year – Keb’ Mo’ album
- 1999 & 2000 Contemporary Blues Male Artist of the Year
- 1997-2002 Acoustic Blues Artist of the Year